I love coffee and I carry my own coffee making equipment with me when backpacking, (yes really I do), but this mug is also great for the office or even for take out.
- the tiffin tin to boil water in
- the biggest element in the world
- the reusable coffee press / insulated cup
- cotton reusable bag for ground coffee
So I boil the water in the tiffin tin with the huge element. Pour the hot water onto the coffee. Wait for it to brew. Plunge. Sit on the balcony watching the sunrise sipping fresh coffee. I Yes I know its a plastic cup but I can’t give it up I tell you!
I used to carry glass and metal cafetierres but they kept on breaking. I have to admit that this is one of those times when plastic is the best man for the job. I bought mine in Japan but I found something similar on Amazon. Zyliss Cafetiere Hot Mug, Blue £8.99
But when I need a new one I will get one of these stainless steel beauties…..
From the Bodrum Website
TRAVEL PRESS SET Coffee maker with extra lid, vacuum, small, 0.35 l, 12 oz, s/s Black:
- vacuum and made from stainless steel for maximum heat retention.
- closable lid with a stopper for the opening.
- slip-proof silicone band around them comes in beautiful colors.
- Coffee maker furthermore comes with an extra lid
You can of course get them on Amazon
|Bodum Travel Press Set Coffee Maker, Lime G…
You can read our thoughts on Amazon here and why we sometimes suggest products sold through them.
I try to buy my coffee loose where I go. I have found bean shops that will grind and give me the coffee in my own reusable bags in Istanbul, Georgetown, Chang Mai and Huddersfield.