Each year a good number of British bloggers sign up for Plastic Free July.
“What” you cry “Live plastic free? for all of July?”
Not quite! It’s all about cutting one use plastic – bottles, bags that kind of thing. However definitions of one use plastic can vary- you can find out more here.
It’s really important to link up with U.K. based plastivists who will be sharing throughout the month. While some solutions like solid shampoo from Lush can be accessed UK wide, many are local.
2017 U.K. Participants
Tweeting or writing this year are
Contact me if you want to be included leave your details in the comments box below.
Libby Darling – “I run a beaching cleaning group and local eco/education Charity here in Rottingdean, just outside of Brighton, I have recently led a plastic free challenge in May & June to my local schools etc and it’s on going!
It’s not easy but it’s worth every moment!”
Fiona Hancox – no details as yet but on board!
- Author and TV presenter @nataliefee has joined the #pfjuk campaign and is spreading the word in Bristol and beyond! She is also the latest plastivist to join thePlastic Free U.K. Directory.
- Ethical Superstore
@ethicalstore are also promoting the campaign
- Bristol and its Michelle author of the great blog Plastic A Lot Less and @
- Pip- squeaking
@Pip_Squeaking of arefugefordaffodils.wordpress.com is up for it
- Cornwall Emma blogging as mommy emu (tweet to @mommyemu). Go girl!
- Brighton Meanwhile Zoe of Ecothrifty (tweet to @Ecothrifty ) is digging out last years list.
- Oxford @RinaM69 from @SESIOxford the great Oxford refill store will be tweeting.
- @AnnaPitt (giving up plastic for a year)
- Sea No Plastic @Oceanwarrior on here on holiday but still giving up
- Jen @choose_to_reuse
- Westy will be cheering and might write a post which will be worth reading as she tackles plastic on a regular basis over at Westy Writes
These British bloggers signed up for the challenge. Their blogs are fantastically useful and specially good for local info and resources.
Plasticfree U.K. Directory
I am putting together a directory of plastic less resources. The aim is to share resources. If you are a UK based plasticless business, organisation or blogger and you want to be in the P-f U.K. directory please send a brief write up. Guidelines here.
Plastic Is Rubbish Support Group
This year I set up a Plastic Is Rubbish facebook group where people share plastic free tips. It’s a great resource.
More Resources & Info
Loads of plastic free products here… A to Z of plastic free products
And see all our past posts here
I am proof that you can do this anywhere no matter the constraints
2014 I did it while travelling in a van. Here is how I did.
2015 I did it with a backpack check out Plastic free Mongolia