Each year a good number of British bloggers sign up for Plastic Free July.
“What” you cry “Live plastic free? for all of July?”
Not quite! It’s all about cutting one use plastic – bottles, bags that kind of thing. However definitions of one use plastic can vary.
The aim is to cut your consumption of one use plastic, for one month; how much you choose to cut is up to you – read my take.
A bit of history
Plastic Free July started in 2011 in Australia in 2013 it went global. They have a great website and are all round good eggs.
It’s really important to link up with U.K. based plastivists who will be sharing throughout the month. While some solutions like solid shampoo from Lush can be accessed UK wide, many are local.
2017 U.K. Participants
find them here
Libby Darling – “I run a beaching cleaning group and local eco/education Charity here in Rottingdean, just outside of Brighton, I have recently led a plastic free challenge in May & June to my local schools etc and it’s on going!
It’s not easy but it’s worth every moment!”
Fiona Hancox – no details as yet but on board!
Author and TV presenter @nataliefee has joined the #pfjuk campaign and is spreading the word in Bristol and beyond! She is also the latest plastivist to join thePlastic Free U.K. Directory.
@ethicalstore are also promoting the campaign
- Pip- squeaking
@Pip_Squeaking of arefugefordaffodils.wordpress.com is up for it
- Cornwall Emma blogging as mommy emu (tweet to @mommyemu). Go girl!
- Brighton Meanwhile Zoe of Ecothrifty (tweet to @Ecothrifty ) is digging out last years list.
- Oxford @RinaM69 from @SESIOxford the great Oxford refill store will be tweeting.
- @AnnaPitt (giving up plastic for a year)
- Sea No Plastic @Oceanwarrior on here on holiday but still giving up
- Jen @choose_to_reuse
- Westy will be cheering and might write a post which will be worth reading as she tackles plastic on a regular basis over at Westy Writes
These British bloggers signed up for the challenge. Their blogs are fantastically useful and specially good for local info and resources:
- Westy Westy Writes Scotland
- Kake of Croydon
- Kate Griffin at Sustainable Witney
- Becky Annison at westwickdreaming.wordpress.com
- Janet Mc Knight at buycurious
- Mrs Green at My Zero Waste Ross On Wye
- Kathryn at Second Hand Tales
Plasticfree U.K. Directory
You can find more plastic free bloggers and campaigners here
Plastic Is Rubbish Support Group
For help and tips visit the Plastic Is Rubbish facebook group. It’s a great resource.