While in Spain I visited Lidles and I came across a set of festive biscuit cutters in a cardboard box. They might have them in the UK.
If not I have sourced some on Amazon for you but I can’t answer for the packaging!
- 100g/3½oz unsalted plastic-free butter
- 100g/3½oz caster sugar in a paper bag
- 1 free-range egg bought in cardboard boxes
- 275g/10oz plain flour in a paper bag
- To decorate
- 400g/14oz icing sugar
- 3-4 tbsp water
- Edible glitter. You can get some plastic-free cake decorations from the Nut Shop Leeds. Or you could use these plastic-free Smarties.
- Compostable ribbon or string
To see how to bake these biscuits go to the BBC Food website
And last time I looked you could still get icing sugar in a cardboard box. If not you can make it by grinding sugar in a spice grinder or food blender then adding cornflour. You can find full instructions here.
FOR INSPIRATION check out Pinterest where the iced biscuits image was found.
Add a compostable tie and there you go – plastic free and edible christmas decorations. What’s not to love?